Product Designer (Mobile UI/UX)
Pivotal Labs is a recognized leader in agile software development practices. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients.
Pivotal Labs employs a unique design methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. We are currently looking for experienced, creative designers to join our team in Toronto and help us continue to innovate in the field of mobile application design.
Why we love what we do:
- Seriously collaborative, even with people not on our teams
- Work on the next generation of applications for mobile devices and new/emerging technology (your work will go live in the manufacturer application stores and be seen by millions!)
- Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
- Freedom to try out new design processes; in the spirit of agile, do what works, try new things, stop doing things that don’t work; not a lot of constraints on the “creative” process
- Environment that encourages learning and growing as a professional and individual; and infrastructure to support and motivate those goals
- Community-oriented design team
- All the designers have different skillsets: you’re not expected to be an expert in everything but having access to someone who probably is means we all get smarter by teaching and learning
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Work as a collaborative team member with clients, developers, and fellow designers
- Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints
- Guide product decisions through user research and iterative feedback loops
- Determine best practice approaches and lead the client through our process, offering recommended solutions to design and usability problems
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up-to-date on the current and best UI and visual design practices and trends
- Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, style guides and assets
How you can become a Pivot
- Be self-motivated, open-minded, creative, and self-critical; be collaborative and communicative
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills with a strong work ethic
- Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology; be committed to lifelong design learning, and active in the tech/design community
- Have a portfolio of design work that is clear and professional
- Have experience working independently with clients
- Have experience designing consumer and business applications (mobile UI design and drawing/sketching skills an asset)
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Have experience with or a curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- 2+ years experience in related field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design-related discipline
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking more amazing designers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a resume, and cover letter.
Pivotal Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.