ABOUT XTREME LABS
Located in Toronto, Palo Alto, and New York City, Xtreme Labs leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Xtreme Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Xtreme Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS - iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
You are a very hands-on developer who values shipping quality code and builds every week. You are attentive to detail and learn quickly in an agile and pairing environment. As an Agile Engineer at Xtreme, you’ll develop and launch world-class applications and experiences on the newest platforms (iOS, Android, WP7/8, BB10) with an uber-smart team of engineers, designers, product builders, and mobile strategists.
- We are a legendary development shop (as seen on TechCrunch) with a top engineering team with degrees from University of Waterloo and Toronto who work with and advise some of the top tech companies. (see http://www.xtremelabs.com/clients/)
- We do great work with the world’s best clients and brands that win awards, hearts and are at the forefront of mobile.
- We are located in the heart of downtown as a noted hub of the Toronto tech community.
- We’ve got great benefits: catered breakfast, a great location, Apple TVs and Netflix subscriptions for full-time staff, plus full benefits. (see http://www.xtremelabs.com/benefits/)
- Write great code for great products in a pair-programming environment with a smart engineering team
- Work on the latest web and mobile platforms (iOS, Android, WP7/8, BB10)
- Serve as the technical lead on client-facing projects
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional software engineering knowledge and foundations
- Experience plus fit in an Agile development environment (TDD, pair programming)
- Strong communication skills in a pair-programming and a client-services environment
- Knowledge of Java, Objective-C, Ruby or C++, or the ability to learn them quickly
- You must want to learn everything about mobile and should love the industry
- Experience with integration of web services, social networking services
- Experience in web application development a plus (frontend and backend — Ruby or J2EE)