ABOUT XTREME LABS
Located in Toronto, Palo Alto, and New York City, Xtreme Labs leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Xtreme Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Xtreme Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS - iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
- We are a legendary development shop (as seen on TechCrunch) with a top engineering team with degrees from University of Waterloo and Toronto who work with and advise some of the top tech companies. (see http://www.xtremelabs.com/clients/)
- We do great work with the world’s best clients and brands that win awards, hearts and are at the forefront of mobile.
- We are located in the heart of downtown as a noted hub of the Toronto tech community.
- We’ve got great benefits: catered breakfast, a great location, Apple TVs and Netflix subscriptions for full-time staff, plus full benefits. (see http://www.xtremelabs.com/benefits/)
The sales engineering team is an integral part of our sales cycle. The role is technical, requires strong communication skills in conjunction with customer/sales saviness. It is well suited for a seasoned agile engineer that wants to try something different yet still be technically challenged. This position reports to Business Development.
- Estimate effort for projects
- Client visits, technical calls and API deep dives
- Build prototypes
- Work on discoveries
- Analyze BRD (business requirements documents) to figure out what the potential client is asking for
- Compete the technical portion of project proposals
- Make an intelligent decision on unknown technical problems, go, no go and best guess of effort
- Review all technical materials provided by potential client
- Discover missing information/product gaps and communicate it to potential client
- Clearly communicate assumptions and risks verbally and in proposals
- Iterate on feature lists for potential clients to get to a final SOW
- 1+ year(s) of experience
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Ability to travel to the US